SPCC Plan Consulting Services Bulk Oil Product Storage
What is an SPCC Plan for Bulk Oil Storage?
The EPA Clean Water Act requires that any facility that has oil product storage capacities of 1,320 gallons or more develop and implement a Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) plan in accordance with 40 CFR Part 112. The SPCC regulations classify companies other than oil production companies as Bulk Oil Storage facilities. There are three forms of SPCC plans: Tier I, Tier II and Professional Engineer Certified. Tier I & II are applicable to facilities with less than 10,000 gallons of oil product storage tanks. Facilities that exceed this volume must adapt a PE Certified Plan which requires a site visit.
As this pertains to Bulk Oil Storage facilities, their vessels that contain gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, new oil, transmission and hydraulic fluids, gear oils, and various waste oils that exceed 55 gallons in capacity is applicable.
Most state and local regulations, insurance companies and financing organizations also require compliance with this directive.
A properly compliant SPCC plan will cover all applicable regulations and include a detailed discussion of the following:
- A detail listing of all oil product vessels of 55 gallons or more.
- Secondary containment analysis and calculation of all vessels 55 gallons or more. This containment may be in the form of passive such as double walled vessels, constructed walls capable of holding the quantity of the largest vessel plus 10% rainfall freeboard if outdoors and spill containment pallets. In lieu of this form of containment, dependent upon the facility and application, active containment in the form of spill kits may be in compliance.
- Topographical Maps showing distance to any waterways, intermittent streams or bodies of water.
- Diagram of facility detailing the location of all oil product storage vessels and the primary direction of drainage from the facility
- Reference to specific applicable EPA regulations
- An Oil Spill Contingency Plan detailing all actions to be taken in the event of a major oil spill
- Detail discussion, including the criteria, required inspections and record keeping for compliance with integrity testing standards of either STI or API directives of applicable vessels.
- Employee training directives and applicable records
- Oil storage vessel inspection forms
- Loading and unloading area of spill prevention and procedures.
Have a Question?
SPCC Plan Expert
Maurice provides the lowest possible costs while maintaining the highest quality and compliance for his services in developing Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) Plans in the auto industry.
SPCC Plans Are Our Only Business
Spillco has provided several thousand SPCC plans in over 30 states for over 600 clients of various industries during the past 8 years. SPCC plans are our only business. We have contracted Professional Engineers who are knowledgeable of the SPCC requirements and are licensed in over 30 states.
Our experience of writing PE Certified SPCC Plans for Bulk Oil Product applications include manufacturing companies, oil distributors, construction operations, bus transportation fuel storage facilities, quarry and mining operations, truck stops, service stations, farms and farming support companies, oil field service companies, equipment rental yards, the US Coast Guard Sector at Mobile and various aviation related projects. We provide Certified SPCC plans for a fraction of the cost of our competitors. The reason is simple. Due to our experience, we developed systems for applications that do not require our time in researching and constructing a specific plan from the initial stage. The information from a facility is molded into our system for a site specific plan compliant with EPA, state and local applicable regulations.