SPCC Plan Consulting Services Auto Service Departments
What is an SPCC Plan for Auto Service Departments?
The EPA Clean Water Act requires that any facility that has oil product storage capacities of 1,320 gallons or more develop and implement a Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) plan in accordance with 40 CFR Part 112. There are three forms of plans: Tier I, Tier II and Professional Engineer Certified. Tier I & II are applicable to facilities with less than 10,000 gallons of oil product storage tanks. Facilities that exceed this volume must adapt a PE Certified Plan.
As this pertains to auto service departments, their vessels that contain new oil, transmission and hydraulic fluids, gear oils, various waste oils and any oil/water separators that exceed 55 gallons in capacity is applicable.
Most state regulations, in addition to local regulations, also require compliance with this directive and when the facility is inspected, will request to see their SPCC plan.
Have a Question?
SPCC Plan Expert
Maurice provides the lowest possible costs while maintaining the highest quality and compliance for his services in developing Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) Plans in the auto industry.
A properly compliant SPCC plan will cover all applicable regulations and include a detailed discussion of the following:
- A detail listing of all oil product vessels of 55 gallons or more.
- Secondary containment of all vessels 55 gallons or more. This containment may be in the form of passive such as double walled vessels, constructed walls capable of holding the quantity of the largest vessel plus rainfall freeboard if outdoors and spill containment pallets. In lieu of this form of containment, dependent upon the actual vessel and usage, active containment in the form of spill kits may be in compliance.
- Topographical Maps showing distance to any waterways or intermittent streams
- Diagram of facility detailing the location of all oil product storage vessels and the primary direction of drainage from the facility
- Reference to specific applicable EPA regulations
- An Oil Spill Contingency Plan detailing all actions to be taken in the event of a major oil spill
- Employee training directives and applicable records
- Oil storage vessel inspection forms
- Loading and unloading of oil products procedures
SPCC Plans Are Our Only Business
Spillco has provided several thousand SPCC plans in over 30 states for over 700 clients of various industries during the past 10 years. SPCC plans are our only business. We have contracted Professional Engineers who are knowledgeable of the SPCC requirements and are licensed in over 30 states.
Due to referrals from banks, insurance carriers and internet searches, Spillco has provided many auto service departments’ Tier I & II Self Certified SPCC plans for a fraction of the cost of our competitors. The reason is simple. Due to our experience, we developed systems specific for an application that do not require our time in researching and constructing a specific plan from the initial stage. The information from a facility is molded into our system for a site specific plan without having to research all applicable regulations since we have pre-prepared all criteria. We provide you with a short list of facility information we need to allow you to have a fully EPA compliant SPCC Plan.
For those who attempt to self-prepare their Tier I or Tier II SPCC plan, they will quickly discover that our modest fee will save them much time and expense while being assured of full compliance with the regulations.